Often food and nutrition experiences emphasize nutrition knowledge and
awareness of healthy eating practices, rather than independent food skills.
Empowering individuals with basic food skills especially those with
limited resources,will improve their diets, health,and quality of life.
1) Increase nutritional knowledge
2) Enhance social skills.
3) Build teamwork abilities.
4) Incorporate math skills.
5) Gain practical life skills through planning and preparing meals.
6) Practice following written and verbal instructions..
7) Learn to be responsible for all facets of cooking, including
safety, prep and clean up.
8) Provide individual with increased self esteem and satisfaction
by completing project.
9) Opportunity to explore cultural diversity through learning
about various dishes and their countries of origin.